Prime Visibility, took a look at the gifts that are lighting-up Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more. After aggregating over one million social media conversations about the gifts on holiday wish lists, some of the discoveries were expected, but some of the findings are very surprising. To highlight the study, the company summarized results in their Social Media Holiday Wish List Infographic. Below is a sneak peek at the findings.
- Cash and gift cards are the two most requested gifts.
- Outside of cash and gift cards, iPhones are the most widely requested gift with the iPhone 5s as the most requested model.
- Nike and Ugg are the two most requested apparel brands.
- While "Breaking Bad" is the most widely requested TV Show/DVD gift, older shows such as "Friends" and "Boy Meets World" are also in high demand.
- Starbucks, iTunes, and Target are the most widely requested gift cards – even more so than Visa and American Express which can be used for a variety of different types of purchases including Starbucks, iTunes, and Target.
- Younger females under 18 are more likely to publically express what they want as a gift through social media.