, a new app for creating engaging interactive stories
, is now available in the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad. Explory can be used to create all kinds of stories, from DIY Maker projects to product overviews, journalism, or sharing a recent vacation. Explory departs from the current trend toward sharing short-form, 'disposable' videos, instead making it easy to create deeper stories with structure and narrative.
"Many of us want to share experiences that are more in-depth than what can be conveyed with a single photo or a six-second video clip. At the same time, few people want to take the time and effort required to edit a video," said Peter Goldie, one of the founders of Explory. "Explory makes it fun for anyone to quickly create rich, interactive stories, right on their phone. But we've gone further, by giving viewers the ability to control the pace of the story and the level of detail they want to explore, so watching a story is never boring."
"I've been having a lot of fun with Explory, sharing stories with family and friends. It's easy to use and creates great results quickly. I know my clients are going to be excited to use this to craft their business stories in a compelling and cost effective way. It's really the next evolution of corporate video," said Chuck Easler, owner of Easler Communications.
See Explory in action: http://explory.com/home/Explory: Share your experience!
Who is Explory for?
- Story creation made easy. Creating a story with Explory is simple and fast. The "Story Ideas" feature automatically creates stories for you by analyzing the time and location data of photos and videos on your device. You just edit the draft, dictate some narration, and add text and music if you wish. You can also start with a blank canvas and pick content from your photo library, or use Explory's camera to record a story as it happens.
- Great viewer experience. Explory's blended media story has a "play" button, but it's not a traditional video: it's interactive — viewers can control the pace and depth of the story. Explory allows the viewer to easily swipe ahead to skip sections, or explore details that would not normally be part of watching the main story. Your stories won't bore anyone because they choose the length!
- Easy to share. You can share your explories privately with friends and family via email, messaging, and social media or publish them publicly in the Explory gallery. People don't need the Explory App to view your stories; they can use a mobile or desktop Web browser. Explories can also be embedded in a Web page or blog, just like a traditional video.
- Continuous Publishing. Explories are stored in the cloud and optimized for playback on your device. Share your story immediately and continue to refine it over time. Explory's cloud synchronization feature lets you to work on the story from multiple iPhones and iPads.
How to get started with Explory
- "Makers" who want to share step-by-step how-to instructions such as building, repairing, and recipes.
- Journalists who want to quickly assemble a rich story with photos, videos, and audio.
- People who want to share their life—birthdays, weddings, vacations, special moments—with family and friends.
- Small businesses that don't have the time, skill or money to create a corporate video.
- Students who want to create structured project reports.
- Educators who want to deliver differentiated learning with more detailed content optionally available.
- Anyone who wants to describe the world around them and share it with others.
Explory is a free download in the Apple App Store. It requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 6 or better. Once you've installed it, tap on "Story Ideas" and see your stories! If you want more than the 50MB free storage Explory provides, sign up for a month-long or annual subscription. For more information about Explory visit: http://www.explory.com
, a global leader in security software, has released "2020: The Series," a nine-part video series depicting a future driven by innovation, while highlighting the challenges of technology dependence in the year 2020. As the tech-saturated holiday season approaches with events such as "Cyber Monday," the series reveals a society that has evolved into a "Cyber Culture." With technology permeating every aspect of daily life by the year 2020, its influence on individuals, businesses and governments will transform society like never imagined. The goal of the series is to anticipate evolving security concerns and inspire stakeholders to take action.
"With cloud-based technology, most of what was considered to be science fiction is now a reality, or soon will be," said Rik Ferguson, global vice president of security research, Trend Micro. "This trend will only gain momentum as technology continues to proliferate society and, as a result, data security will be paramount. It's important to be aware of this reality in order to prepare now. Trend Micro is committed to producing thoughtful research and technology to mitigate security threats before they become widespread. Through these efforts, it's our hope that the scenarios of '2020' never occur."
The online series explores the fictional country of South Sylvania. It has embraced online technology at unprecedented levels on a consumer and corporate level, but cyber criminals have exploited digital vulnerabilities to compromise personal and financial data, disrupt elections and target critical infrastructure. This unique glimpse into a possible future has already generated a viral response from tens of thousands of viewers worldwide.
"Predicting how technology will evolve and ultimately be adopted is consistent with Trend Micro's mission," said Ferguson. "Throughout our 25 year history, we have been at the forefront of identifying security challenges and developing a solution. We were the first to identify and secure threats to servers, networks and the cloud, among others, and this tradition continues. With wearable technology and the 'Internet of Things' becoming mainstream, Trend Micro is once again leading the way to address cyber security vulnerabilities with the '2020' series."
"2020: The Series" is the result of Trend Micro's collaboration with the International Cyber Security Protection Alliance, in partnership with Europol, and is based on the organization's whitepaper titled, "Project 2020: Scenarios for the Future of Cybercrime
To learn more about what the future holds for technology and how it can influence society, viewers can watch the complete series at 2020.trendmicro.com
Starting in December, NASA will show the public the International Space Station in new ways that will highlight all the scientific research, cutting-edge technology testing and even the wonder of living and working in space.
NASA is enhancing its daily NASA Television "Space Station Live" program and beginning a new weekly web series called "Space to Ground."
"Space Station Live" will continue to air weekdays at 11 a.m. EST and now will be in a 30-minute format beginning Dec 2. It will feature live views from the International Space Station, updates on the crew's daily activities, enhanced content and interviews on space station science and features on how that science benefits life on Earth.
The "Space to Ground" web series will be available every Friday beginning Dec. 6. This series will be a short wrap-up of the week's activities aboard the space station that will showcase the diversity of activities taking place aboard the world's only orbiting laboratory. This video also will be posted to the agency's social media accounts and can be shared and downloaded by the public.
The International Space Station remains the springboard to our next great leap in exploration. The space station is a convergence of science, technology and human innovation that is helping us learn what it means to be a spacefaring people by demonstrating new technologies and making research breakthroughs not possible on Earth.
To view "Space to Ground" beginning Dec. 6, visit:http://go.nasa.gov/spacetoground
For NASA TV streaming video, downlink and scheduling information, visit:http://www.nasa.gov/nasatv
For media b-roll and resources on the International Space Station, visit:http://www.nasa.gov/stationnews
For more information about the International Space Station, visit:http://www.nasa.gov/station
The makers of LifeStyles® Condoms, one of the nation's leading condom brands, today announced the launch of the #LetsChangeEverything social media campaign in partnership with the AIDS Healthcare Foundation to raise awareness for World AIDS Day on December 1, 2013.
The #LetsChangeEverything campaign implores individuals to "change everything" by encouraging a global conversation about HIV and AIDS on December 1st through a social media promotion around the #LetsChangeEverything hashtag. Until midnight on December 1, #LetsChangeEverything will ask the brands' nearly 200,000 social media fans and followers and their circles to unite in the worldwide fight against HIV by having users donate their statuses to AIDS awareness. For each status shared on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #LetsChangeEverything, the company will donate a condom, up to 20,000 condoms, to the AIDS Healthcare Foundation to help prevent the spread of HIV.
"Nearly 1.2 million people are living with HIV and almost one in five doesn't know they are infected," said Carol Carrozza, Vice President Sales & Marketing North America for Ansell Healthcare, the makers of LifeStyles Condoms. "We are proud to work alongside the AIDS Healthcare Foundation to raise awareness for World AIDS Day, and are grateful to work with an organization that shares our dedication to promoting HIV/AIDS education and prevention."
The condom maker will ask participants to craft their own messages using the #LetsChangeEverything hashtag on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or utilize a pre-written message to share. For example:
- #LetsChangeEverything I'm donating my status to promote #WorldAIDsDay and to change the way the world thinks about HIV and AIDs
- I just donated a condom to @AIDSHealthcare to support #WorldAIDsDay #LetsChangeEverything
- #LetsChangeEverything together. Start by getting tested. To find a HIV testing center near you visit freehivtest.net
The #LetsChangeEverything campaign for World AIDS Day comes on the heels of the #KnowYourStatus campaign which was conceptualized for National HIV Testing Day in June, resulting in over 12,000 dedicated status updates across participating platforms.
"One of our goals is to change the way people view HIV testing and condom use," said Whitney Engeran-Cordova, Senior Director of Public Health for AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF). "We hope people begin to view these as routine health practices on par with dental visits and brushing your teeth daily, and also as a way to take pride in and control of your own sexual health."
To find a free testing location in your area, visit www.FreeHIVTest.net
. For more information about the campaign, visit: www.LifeStyles.com/LetsChangeEverything
AVN Media Network, organizers of the annual AVN Awards, announces adult starlets Evi Fox and Emily Austin as its Trophy Girls for the 2014 AVN Awards
. The ceremony takes place at The Joint in Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas on Saturday, January 18, 2014.
Fox and Austin were selected as the show’s trophy girls from hundreds of new performers, all vying for the honor via an AVN Twitter
contest. The ceremonial trophy girls serve as a highly visible and prestigious assignment for rising stars within the industry. Fox and Austin will be on stage for the duration of the awards show and featured prominently on the show’s cable broadcast.
“I’m really excited,” exclaimed Evi Fox
. “This is my first year attending AVN, so to be a part of this huge event is an amazing honor. I am looking forward to living this dream and seeing how the visibility of the AVN Awards affects my career. This is amazing!”
Evi Fox grew up in a small town in eastern Oregon, but made her way down to Los Angeles and into the porn industry at 22-years-old due to her abundance of confidence and voracious sexual appetite. Fox’s first scene was for Reality King’s “Big Naturals” series, which highlighted her all-natural DD breasts. She has since filmed for some of the most popular adult studios, including Jules Jordan Video, Evil Angel, and Digital Sin. The sexy starlet has her sight set on becoming a Penthouse Pet next.
said, “I’m very honored and excited to take part in this opportunity given to me by AVN. I look forward to seeing new and familiar faces at AEE and the 2014 AVN Awards!”
Texas native Emily Austin, 23, broke into porn this year and has already become a fan and industry favorite due to her penchant for wild, hardcore sex, interracial scenes, and fetish play. The former Las Vegas dancer has starred in more than 20 videos, including titles for Jules Jordan Video, New Sensations, Adam & Eve, Smash Pictures, Bang Productions, and Digital Playground.
“We are very excited to have Evi Fox and Emily Austin as Trophy Girls for our 2014 AVN Awards,” said AVN CEO Theo Sapoutzis. “They are beautiful and bright women whose future in our industry is well beyond promising. What they have already achieved in less than a year is impressive and indicative of their drive and commitment. We are very proud of them and look forward to watching them grow as performers.”
The 31st annual AVN Awards Show will be hosted by Chanel Preston and Wicked Pictures contract star Samantha Saint. Dubbed "the Oscars of adult" by Entertainment Weekly, the must-attend, must-see event features the hottest stars from adult and mainstream pop culture. With a stylish red carpet pre-show and lavish star-studded ceremony, the AVN Awards celebrates outstanding achievements in the world of adult entertainment.
Fans interested in attending the 2014 AVN Award Show may purchase standard and Golden Tickets at https://avnawards.avn.com/tickets/
Adult Industry tables & tickets for the award show are also on sale; ticket options start at $250. Availability is limited, and industry members are encouraged to go to http://avnawards.avn.com/
to purchase tickets.
"To see the Northern Lights dance across the Arctic sky is a 'once in a lifetime experience'. We want to enable more people to experience the Northern Lights in Norway this winter by making it more accessible," says Per-Arne Tuftin, Director of Tourism at Innovation Norway. Today he launches a brand new mobile app, Norway Lights, making it easier to predict the appearance of the Northern Lights.
According to scientists, 2013 is said to be a record year for the Northern Lights. Now researchers predict the winter season of 2014/2015 to be another good year for spotting the Northern Lights as well.
"Arctic Norway is the best place in the world to see the Northern Lights," according to the director of tourism in Norway, Per-Arne Tuftin. He promises a spectacular display this winter.
If the conditions are right, you can experience the Northern Lights all over Norway; however, the northern lights appear much more frequently across the Arctic Circle in the northern parts of Norway.
"Norway is in the centre of the Northern Lights zone, so the probability of seeing the lights are very likely on any cloud-free night between October and March. Though the Northern Lights are visible in other countries, Northern Norway's easy accessibility and optimal conditions make it one of the best places on Earth to see them," Tuftin claims.
"Accessibility and climate conditions make Northern Norway a great destination for experiencing the Northern Lights. There is no other place in the world where chances are higher," adds Per-Arne Tuftin.
During the last decade it has become easier to predict the weather and upcoming Northern Lights conditions. VisitNorway wants to make this knowledge available to anyone interested in experiencing the Northern Lights for themselves and launches a brand new free mobile app, called NorwayLights
"We are happy to see that an increasing number of tourists are coming to Norway to chase the mysterious Northern Lights for themselves. We hope that our new free app, NorwayLights,
will make it even easier to spot the northern lights this winter," says Tuftin.Download the free app here:http://www.visitnorway.com/en/Games-and-more/New-app-from-visitnorway/
Today, 30 years after its initial debut, Comma 8 Studios launches M.U.L.E. Returns , a licensed and faithful remake of Dan Bunten`s M.U.L.E. video game on iOS devices.
M.U.L.E. Returns is an addictive economics strategy game that combines real-time and turn-based game styles. Players compete for land and resources on a new planet with the goal of making their colony successful and amassing great individual wealth.
The original M.U.L.E.
was developed in 1983 by Dan Bunten and his company, Ozark Softscape, and was one of the first games published by Electronic Arts. M.U.L.E
. has received accolades worldwide and is regarded as being a key influence to modern strategy gaming:
- Computer Gaming World named M.U.L.E. as #3 on its Best Games of All Time list;
- PC World ranked M.U.L.E. #5 of the "Ten Greatest PC Games Ever" in 2009;
- 1UP.com listed M.U.L.E. as the 19th most important video game of all time;
- Will Wright dedicated his game The Sims to the memory of Bunten;
- More recently, Super Mario Bros. creator Shigeru Miyamoto cited M.U.L.E. as an influence on the Pikmin series of games.
offers beautiful animations and Retina-display graphics, three difficulty levels, leaderboards and challenges to keep all ages entertained.
The launch of Xbox One Friday signals the beginning of a new era for gaming and interactive entertainment. Boasting the deepest and most varied launch lineup in Xbox history, the new games and exclusive titles look and feel like nothing else, tapping the incredible power of new hardware and the cloud, as well as advanced software tools and exclusive features such as Xbox Live, Kinect and Xbox One SmartGlass that will bring an entirely new world of gaming to life.
The award-winning launch lineup of games on Xbox One features 22 titles from some of the world's most respected developers, as well as 10 exclusive games you won't find anywhere else. Whether it's experiencing the vivid realism of the racetrack to the visceral brutality of ancient Rome, from the zombie apocalypse to a wildlife utopia, the lineup of Xbox One exclusives launching Friday offers new immersive worlds for every kind of gamer to explore:
- "Forza Motorsport 5" is a cinematic automotive journey starring the world's greatest cars and tracks. Built from the ground up to take advantage of Xbox One and the vast power of the cloud, no game better delivers the wide-eyed thrill of racing.
- "Ryse: Son of Rome" is an immersive action-adventure story of struggle, brutality and heroism, following a fearless Roman soldier named Marius Titus as he seeks to avenge the death of his family and save the Roman Empire. "Ryse: Son of Rome" presents a cinematic recreation of the ancient Roman Empire and its people, conflicts and landscapes, in breathtaking detail that represents the graphical benchmark for the new platform generation.
- "Dead Rising 3" delivers a blockbuster open-world action experience that will define a new generation of zombie-slaying mayhem. Featuring intense action, incredible weapon and character customization, and immersive Xbox SmartGlass and Kinect integration, "Dead Rising 3" delivers a heart-pounding experience unlike any other as players fight for survival in a massive, open world teeming with the undead.
- "Zoo Tycoon" is back and fully reimagined for Xbox One. The wildly popular franchise cranks up the challenge and fun of building the ultimate zoo and allows players to seamlessly switch between controller and Kinect play to interact with ultrarealistic animals. Supported with next-generation technology, the Xbox One version will have greater visual fidelity, larger zoos, more animals, Game DVR capability, Skype chat and four-person multiplayer over Xbox Live.*
- "Kinect Sports Rivals" Preseason is a free trial experience of "Kinect Sports Rivals" wake racing, available for download on launch day. Monthly challenges and exclusive in-game rewards let players get ahead of the competition before the full game launches in spring 2014. The all-new, re-engineered Kinect in Xbox One puts you in the game like never before, tracks your movements and expressions with incredible accuracy, and offers never-ending competition with your friends and competitors.
- Digital games on Xbox One feature next-generation graphics and entertainment. "Killer Instinct" brings the classic fighting action and popular characters of the original franchise exclusively to Xbox One. With its enhanced combat system, players will enjoy intense gameplay and stunning next-generation graphics. Fly through the skies in "Crimson Dragon," a rail shooting game that takes place on a recently colonized planet populated by dragons. Use the power of Kinect to dodge enemies and communicate with your partner dragon. In "LocoCycle," try your skills in the immersive combat racing game that takes you on a thrilling ride with I.R.I.S., a weaponized motorcycle, as she drags her mechanic, Pablo, through highways, canyons and waterways while battling Big Arms and the deadly counter-assault motorcycle, S.P.I.K.E. Or test your talents on the green in "Powerstar Golf," a fun, animated sports game that challenges you against one of six unique characters with special golfing abilities. With the power of the cloud, you can set course records and play against your friends' best scores in Rival Mode while they sleep.
In addition to the blockbuster titles created by Microsoft Studios, Xbox One will be home to the world's best games. Fan favorites including "Call of Duty®: Ghosts," "Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag," "FIFA 14," Madden NFL 25" and "Battlefield 4" will all be available on Xbox One at launch. Highly anticipated exclusives including "Titanfall," "Sunset Overdrive" and "Quantum Break" guarantee a rich pipeline of new games to look forward to after launch, as well as multiplatform games including "Final Fantasy XV," "Kingdom Hearts III" and "Watch Dogs." Xbox One will also be the first place to get new map packs and other add-ons, with early exclusivity on downloadable content for "Call of Duty®: Ghosts," "FIFA 14," "Battlefield 4" and more. The games portfolio will only continue to grow with ID@Xbox, with many independent developers already on board to deliver innovative experiences in the coming months.
This is the full list of Xbox One games available Friday:
- "Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag" (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
- "Battlefield 4" (DICE, Electronic Arts)
- "Call of Duty®: Ghosts" (Infinity Ward, Activision)
- "Crimson Dragon" (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
- "Dead Rising 3" (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
- "FIFA 14" (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- "Fighter Within" (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
- "Forza Motorsport 5" (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
- "Just Dance 2014" (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
- "Killer Instinct" (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
- "LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes" (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- "LocoCycle" (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
- "Madden NFL 25" (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- "NBA® 2K14" (Visual Concepts, 2K)
- "NBA LIVE 14" (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- "Need for Speed Rivals" (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
- "Powerstar Golf " (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
- "Ryse: Son of Rome" (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
- "Skylanders SWAP Force" (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
- "Xbox Fitness" (Microsoft Studios)
- "Zoo Tycoon" (Frontier Developments Microsoft Studios)
- "Zumba Fitness World Party" (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
It's that time of year! Hanukkah is just around the corner and is immediately followed by Black Friday and Cyber Monday when a good chunk of holiday shopping takes place. This year, more than ever, the naughty and nice are expressing their holiday gift wishes via social media.
Prime Visibility, took a look at the gifts that are lighting-up Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more. After aggregating over one million social media conversations about the gifts on holiday wish lists, some of the discoveries were expected, but some of the findings are very surprising. To highlight the study, the company summarized results in their Social Media Holiday Wish List Infographic. Below is a sneak peek at the findings.Key findings:
- Cash and gift cards are the two most requested gifts.
- Outside of cash and gift cards, iPhones are the most widely requested gift with the iPhone 5s as the most requested model.
- Nike and Ugg are the two most requested apparel brands.
- While "Breaking Bad" is the most widely requested TV Show/DVD gift, older shows such as "Friends" and "Boy Meets World" are also in high demand.
- Starbucks, iTunes, and Target are the most widely requested gift cards – even more so than Visa and American Express which can be used for a variety of different types of purchases including Starbucks, iTunes, and Target.
- Younger females under 18 are more likely to publically express what they want as a gift through social media.